Braintree Payments Magento Module
THE ONLY MAGENTO PAYMENT SOLUTION YOU'LL EVER NEED
Start accepting credit/debit cards and PayPal in minutes with this secure, easy to install and configure Braintree extension.
This Braintree extension uses the latest V.ZERO SDK and Braintree's Hosted Fields integration.
Read below for more information on the features, support, specific PayPal integration, details on Braintree's Hosted Fields and advanced fraud protection with KOUNT.
The extension has been fully tested with both Magento Community (1.9.x) and Magento Enterprise Editions (1.13.x, 1.14.x).
- Accept credit card, debit card and PayPal transactions
- Optimised for mobile/responsive layouts
- Stored payment detail management – customers can update and delete cards and PayPal accounts from the Magento customer account section
- Secure storage of customer payment details in the PCI-compliant Braintree Vault
- Works with Magento multiple shipping addresses checkout
- Supports multi-store, multi-merchant and multi-currency Magento instances
- Ability to configure the capture either by invoice or by shipment
- Authorize only or Authorize and Capture for both cards and PayPal transactions
- Sandbox testing environment
- Online refunding for both cards and PayPal via the Magento admin
- Customer Services teams can use customer Vaulted information within the Magento admin for MOTO orders
- Hosted Fields integration
- Supports 3DS 2 (PSD2/SCA)
- Full support for the latest PCI 3.0 compliant hosted fields solution
- Helps ensure PCI Council SAQ A eligibility
- Integration with PayPal through the Braintree Gateway API
- Provides the latest PayPal in-context payment solution pop-up
- PayPal Express integration for cart and product detail page
- Online refunding available for PayPal transactions through Magento
- PayPal transactions displayed and managed via the Braintree control panel
- Provides advanced Braintree fraud protection with AVS and CVV controls
- 3D Secure support
- Advanced integration with KOUNT’s fraud and risk management solution including the passing of Level 2 data Shopping Cart items (bespoke customisation required on a merchant-by-merchant basis and integration with KOUNT’s workflow via the Event Notification System.
It works out-of the box with the latest Magento responsive default checkout and has been integrated with the most popular checkout extensions including: MageCheckout, MageStore, IWD, Awesome Checkout, OneStepCheckout(iDev), AheadWorks, GoMage, FancyCheckout, Fire Checkout, Unicode, Amasty.
Whilst we have made every effort to provide integration for the popular checkout solutions if bespoke customisation work has taken place on your store’s checkout or you don’t use the latest versions we cannot guarantee the extension will work out of the box.
Hosted Fields are small, transparent iframes that replace the sensitive credit card inputs in your checkout flow - helping you meet the latest data security requirements while ensuring your customization doesn't suffer.
Anyone who accepts credit card payments needs to comply with latest PCI DSS rules. Any payments company that tells you otherwise isn't telling you the whole story.
Fortunately, Braintree eliminates almost all of the work required for our merchants to be PCI 3.0 compliant. Which is good news, because the card associations can suspend your ability to accept credit card payments if they find that you aren't compliant.
This functionality provided by Braintree is now available to use within Magento utilising this extension.
With a simple configuration setting in the Magento admin you can add PayPal to your checkout and get all the benefits from their latest in-context and One Touch experiences to significantly improve the customer experience and increase your checkout conversion. No more bouncing out to the PayPal website.
With this one integration you will then be able to administer all your PayPal transactions through the Braintree control panel.
PayPal can be added to product detail pages or the cart/basket pages as well as the checkout.
Migrate from the Legacy Braintree Extension
We've made this as easy and as painless as possible. After you install the GENE Braintree payments extension the system, if it detects that you are currently using the legacy Braintree Payments extension, will load a migration wizard to help you complete the process..
The migration wizard will guide you through a number of options enabling you to import your existing Braintree configuration, import your Saved Customer Data (no card data is saved within your Magento store) and an option to disable the legacy extension and if you wish entirely remove all legacy files.
Simply select the options you want and click “Run Migration”. That’s it! Please note however that this version only uses the recommended secure Hosted Fields integration.
Braintree's Basic and Advanced Fraud Tools have been designed to help the majority of merchants deter credit card fraud while still allowing legitimate transactions to process. However, some merchants may wish to have greater control over their fraud checks. The Kount direct and advanced integration offers a solution to that need.
You'll need to work with your Braintree Accounts team to determine whether or not it's a good fit for your needs. If it is, you'll be passed to a Kount Account Manager who will get you set up on their end. Then, you'll need to update your Braintree integration to include your new Kount merchant ID. If you nee specific settings for the KOUNT UDF's then this requires custom setup which can be arranged with your Braintree Accounts team.
Support & Troubleshooting
For support with the GENE Braintree Modules for Magento 1 and 2, please contact the GENE Braintree Support Desk.